Monday, November 17, 2014

Christmas Lolita Collection Redux 2: Electric Boogaloo (UPDATED)





It's that glorious time of year again, people! My Christmas Lolita collection of cards has some brand new additions to the roster!

Now onto the commentary!

"Loliskate": The main change I made for this one was giving her a fluffy bunny hood. Other than that, the only real upgrade was a cohesive colour scheme of pinks, blues and white and better streaks of pink and blue amongst her blonde hair. Too bad her skating skills haven't improved since the first time I drew her back in 2008. :-P

"Gingerbread Lolita": Would you believe that this is the second time I've done a revamp of this particular lolita? I last drew her back in 2010 when I first wanted to update this series but I think this iteration feels a little more faithful to the fashion. Plus, I can finally draw classic old school lolita headdresses!

"Caroller Lolita": Another example in which I decided to change the skin tone and hair colour of the original design because hey, I love my diversity in my girls. I think the colours (especially in her outfit) came out a lot richer and vibrant and I love it all the more because of it. :-)

"Snowlita": This was originally the Snowman Lolita but I love my terrible puns too much. XD

Anyways, out of all my designs, this one was the most challenging (but fun!) to revamp into a more realistic lolita style. I know white face is considered a huge "no-no" in lolita but hey, I see shironuri fused with lolita fairly frequently so I figured, hey, this might work here as long as I don't get super literal with the snowman imagery. It's also safe to assume I had Mana (aka the Patron Saint of Gothic Lolita Fashion) on the brain for this design.

No comments:

Post a Comment