Saturday, October 29, 2011

Cecilia



Ahh, freshly posted artwork! Is there any better form of proof that you're still alive?

It's funny how a single image can go through so many different iterations in the creative process. I initially imagined her as sort of a "light" counterpart to my Cyber-Kei Cutie piece during the pencilling process, most of which I did during my Comic Critique stint at Word on the Street. (To make a long story short; let's just say it didn't quite go as planned but I still made the most of my time.)

As soon as I started coloring and fiddling around with the arms and the plushy (which went from a teddy bear to a cuddly little rat), the character went in another direction and she became Cecilia: friend and ally to all rats.

(Cue "Ben" here.)

You might just find out what's under her mask sooner than you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment