Thursday, August 25, 2011

Comix and Stories 2011

Remember those not-so-oblique references to a cluster of conventions I made in my last journal (that was a month ago)?

Well, here's the first one out of three conventions I'll be hitting up this late August/September.

Once again, I'll be appearing at Comix and Stories; a day long celebration of all things indie and small press be it comics, cartoons, animation, zines, artwork and culture. It's going to be held at the Heritage Hall in Vancouver, British Columbia this Sunday (August 28). Admission is $4 per person and it goes from 11 AM until 5 PM.

Not only will I have all my prints (including my most recent "Oh, Usa"), original sketch cards, greeting cards and mini comics on my table for sale, I'll also be offering everyone a sneak peek of a few character designs I've whipped up for my upcoming book...character designs that haven't even been posted online! Not even on here! (Ooooh!) Of course, my portfolio will still be there for you all to browse through and I may just whip up a new sketch card or two on site. Perhaps I may even sketch out an oh-so-creepy "Silent Hill" nurse if I have the time.

As always, don't hesitate to drop by my table to give me a shout. ;-)

For more information on the show and all the especially awesome and talented creators involved, visit the main convention site here.

Then again, you could always scroll down a bit and take a look at the spiffy flyer just below all this info.

Seriously though, I loved doing Comix and Stories last year (hard to believe it was that long ago) and I can't wait to do it again this year! :-D

Hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment