Saturday, March 12, 2011

Andie

ATTENTION: Colossal art dump still in progress.



Y'know how I've been trying to make an effort in trying to draw more dudes that look like dudes? Well, I decided to toss all that out the window and attempted to draw a lad in the spirit of all those androgynous, doll-like glam rock boys of the 70's and early 80's.

I couldn't help but OD on the music of David Bowie and T. Rex (especially "20th Century Boy") while working on this. I also had a lot of Kevyn Aucoin's makeup books (particularly his "New York Doll" and "Damsel Primitif" looks in his book "Face Forward") in mind.

I have the feeling that Andie has confused sexualities and broken the hearts of girls and guys everywhere he's gone.

The text around the border says "You can look at me, you can touch me, you can caress me all you like but I will break your heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment