Tuesday, November 2, 2010

SKETCHAVEMBER! Day 1/2: Porcie; Such a Doll



EDIT: I cleaned up the image a little more on Photoshop.

Holy crap! An honest-to-god update on this blog! Yup, I've gotten my drawing groove back and what better time to get it back than for SKETCHAVEMBER!

"What is Sketchavember?", you might be asking. Well, you know how thousands of people take on NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) and attempt to write a full length novel throughout the month of November? Well, this is the drawing equivalent of it. The goal is to produce one piece of art per day be it a simple doodle on a napkin, a comic strip or even a full-on mural painting. It's totally up to you. For more information, you can read the official and original journal entry here or on the originator's DeviantART page here.

Now, as for the drawing itself "Porcie: Such a Doll" is an original character belonging to diesseapril over on DeviantART. This was done as a freebie sketch along with a few others which I shall post soon.

But back to the drawing. The dress was so fun to design. It became this Rococo meets glam vampire thing and with such beauty and glamour, I just had to add in a big ol' scythe to spruce things up. Ahhh, manic violence and dainty elegance. My favorite combination!

This also doubles as my first and second drawing for Sketchavember: I worked on this yesterday and discovered the challenge later that night and completed it today. Make sense?

Stay tuned for more Sketchavember goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment