Wednesday, August 4, 2010

When Catastrophe Hits...


One of my favorite drawings from this year was a "spur-of-the-moment" sketch which evolved into something bigger. It was originally going to be some spunky chick with heart shaped goggles but with the music of VNV Nation blaring in my headphones, it went in more of a cyberpunk/post-apocalyptic direction. Thus, "When Catastrophe Hits..." was born.

A little story of sorts came about while I was working on this. Before this scene, this girl was rather flighty, willfully airheaded and careless. After this "catastrophe", she became some sort of rogue soldier or freedom fighter. I hope I was able to capture that "turning point" here.

I might draw a follow-up (or maybe even a prequel) to this piece. We shall see. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment