Saturday, August 28, 2010

Sketch Cards Galore!

If you can't tell, I've been working like crazy on sketch cards lately (or ACEO's as they're often known in the arty world) and I'm going to share a couple today...



First up, I have "Love a'la Comic Mode". I'm highly certain the excitement for the upcoming conventions seeped into my brain for this one.

I was going to sell this one at Comix and Stories tomorrow but I came to realize that I love it too much to part with it. That and um...I'm kindasorta don't feel too comfortable about making money off of someone else's creations, be they characters or logos.

With all that out of the way, the girl is a diehard fan of the superhero comics (Batman in particular being her favorite). The guy's more into the "morbid" comics (with "Johnny the Homicidal Maniac" being his very first comic book in his senior year of high school). Together, they widen each other's perspective on their beloved common ground: comics and sequential art.

So you see, mainstream and alternative comics fans can get along after all! D'awwww. ^_^

And yes, I did read/watch "Ghost World" recently. XD



These ones, though, I am selling tomorrow for $2 each. If you can't get your hands on them, don't fret because I'll be drawing plenty more of these on site.

And now, some quick comments on each card, from left to right, clockwise...

-Awww, homeless snail is homeless.

-Oh hey, it's the couple from "Love a'la Comic Mode". She's making goofy faces in front of her bathroom mirror wearing her rubber Batman mask and he's being all moody and poetic on a breezy autumn day. The latter image was brought to you by Silversun Pickups.

-That one was based off an old doodle in a sketchbook from two or so years ago. The lone white eye contact was a last minute addition.

-Business suits and cyber dreads make for a surprisingly spiffy combination.

-Totally had Little Boots on the brain while drawing this one. God, ballet boots are crazy fun to draw.

Finally, we have a fairly old-ish (well, old because this was done a little while before I got my hair cut and tips dyed black) self portrait done in the style of "Daria". Methinks I'm going to need to draw an updated version. :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment