Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Cheer Up, Pink Haired Guy


A few weeks back I was out with a friend for lunch at a place that served quite possibly the best mac 'n' cheese ever. At the table beside us, there was a guy with long bright pink hair and equally bright pink shoelaces. It was pretty radtacular and I knew I just had to draw him.

Any excuse to practice drawing guys (as well as hands, always my arch nemesis!) is a good one! I also tried something a little different with the eyes. I didn't include my usual "shine comets" (for lack of a better term) that I normally put in my characters' eyes. Blame "Sailor Moon" for that longstanding drawing habit. :-P

I hope that detail added a bit to this guy's masculinity in some way. I just wanna try and draw guys that actually look like guys and not just pretty boy bishonen.

No comments:

Post a Comment